What is a CSOC?
In today’s IT landscape, threats are constant and breaches ever more likely. A CSOC helps you mitigate the risk of such breaches and the impact of when they occur, bringing together the processes, technologies and expertise required for detection and containment. It can also streamline the management of security in today’s complex data environments.
At Content+Cloud, our CSOC includes 24x7x365 monitoring of your infrastructure and devices, alert investigation, and threat containment, all scalable to the needs of your organisation.
Expertise matched by client focus
Our dedicated, highly qualified and experienced cybersecurity team has the skills to rapidly and effectively defend your critical assets. We can provide our always-on service in harmony with yours – or even work as your SecOps team.
Content+Cloud’s CSOC is powered by Microsoft Sentinel. It includes fully auditable privileged access and identity tooling, and integrates with your ITSM tools such as ServiceNow.
Accredited and certified
Our comprehensive list of accreditations includes ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 certifications. We’re a member of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association and align our services with regulatory compliance requirements such as GDPR, PCI DSS, FCA regulations and Cyber Essentials PLUS.
How we manage your security operations
Our CSOC gives you comprehensive support and guidance across all aspects of your security management. We begin by working with you to establish proof of concept, before implementing the CSOC and ultimately running as part of your regular security operations.
Here are some of the features of our service.
- Service design based on use cases
- Core platform implementation and integration
- Continual improvement driven from CSOC activities and threat landscape
- Swift analysis of surfaced security events
- Triage and escalate potential threat activity, or close false positives
- Tune detections to focus on real threats
- Identify all threat activity and attribution
- Minimise impact through automated containment run books
- Holistic vulnerability scanning
- Identify infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Prioritise remediation and report
- Implement security configuration baselines on infrastructure
- Detect and respond to configuration deviations
- Research threat attack methods and resulting indicators
- Proactively hunt for threat activity across disparate data sources
Measuring and reporting
Through our CSOC we provide you a monthly report on performance, with KPIs aligned to toolset metrics, SLA attainment and process adherence.
The report includes a summary overview of detected security behaviours, incident trends across different platforms, severity metrics, incident mapping to MITRE ATT&CK tactics, recommendations, and an overview of any vulnerabilities identified.Talk to us about your security reports and performance
Powered by Microsoft Sentinel CSOC
At Content+Cloud we invest in best-in-class tooling to deliver our services to clients. For our CSOC, we have built a solution using Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft’s scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Sentinel empowers our CSOC with:
- Automation and orchestration for common tasks
- Analytics for identifying previously undetected threats and minimising false positives
- Threat intelligence from trillions of signals captured by Microsoft
- Machine learning for detection that goes beyond traditional indicator-based alerting
- Integration and collection of data at cloud scale
Further vigilance through our managed assurance service
We can also deliver a continuous, comprehensive managed assurance service, giving you the surety that the key areas of cyber health are being managed appropriately. Our service includes:
- Remediation support and IT health checks
- Social engineering testing (phishing and physical)
- Staff training and security awareness workshops
- Quarterly reports and recommendations
- Alignment with Cyber Essentials